Established in October, 2007, before the IronPigs ever played a game, IronPigs Charities is the philanthropic arm of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs. Through community grants, creative programs and special fundraisers, IPC supports educational and recreational opportunities for Lehigh Valley youth. We focus on enhancing the lives of disadvantaged children and young adults and those with disabilities.
The Charity is supported through the strong fan base of Lehigh Valley IronPigs in-game fundraising activities such as the 50/50 Raffle, IronPiggy Bank and Community Clubhouse Merchandise sale. Funds are also raised through contributions from companies, organizations and individuals as well as special event sponsorship and ticket sales for events including The Phillies Winter Banquet, Hackers & Homers Golf Tournament and Meet the Team Dinner. IronPigs Charities is a 501c3 non-profit organization and the cornerstone of Lehigh Valley IronPigs commitment to the Lehigh Valley community.
IronPigs Charities is presented by The Air Products Foundation. Thank you to The Air Products Foundation for their continuous support of IronPigs Charities and the Lehigh Valley community.
IronPigs Charities is governed by a Board of Directors that meets four times each year. (March, June, September and December).
Board of Directors
Emily Bettys, Director
About Game On! Lehigh Valley
Our vision is to become greater Lehigh Valley’s leading youth sports educator, connector, and advocate.
Game On! Lehigh Valley is the signature initiative of IronPigs Charities. The GameOn! mission is to support and promote youth athletic programs of all sports.
- a youth sports experience should be fun, safe and healthy for all children and expand a child’s physical, social and mental development.
- participation in athletics develops important character traits and lifelong values. When the adults involved have proper training, information and resources, the lives of young people can be positively impacted.
GameOn! Lehigh Valley Framework
Education and Training – Lehigh Valley Youth Sports Alliance
- The Lehigh Valley Youth Sports Alliance is a series of seminars that will be conducted using curriculum from the National Alliance of Youth Sports and The Positive Coaching Alliance. The focus will be on players middle school age and younger. Local youth coaches will provide information and facilitate discussion on issues including Teaching Good Sportsmanship, Nutrition and Hydration, Injury Prevention, Working with Parents, Conditioning and Stretching as well as Sport Specific Training covering drills, skills and fundamentals. These free seminars will be held at Coca Cola Park. Participants will have the opportunity to become a NAYS Designated Coach which provides $1 million Excess Liability Insurance Policy, Supplemental Online Training Courses, an Online Personalized Member Area, access to the Coaches Resource Library, exclusive Corporate Discount Program and more for free for one year by attending the Coaching Youth Sports & Sports Specific Training seminars!
- Basketball & Cheering seminars start in September. Baseball & Softball will take place starting in January and Soccer & Football will start in April.
- Registration is open for all sessions. We’ll provide pizza and beverages at each event!
Youth Athletic Facility Improvement Grants
- IronPigs Charities sponsors an annual Youth Athletic Facility Improvement Grant program for registered leagues and teams to make improvements that will directly and positively impact youth sports players on their field of play.
There’s alot going on in GameOn! Lehigh Valley! Don’t hesitate to call 610-841-1213 with any questions regarding GameOn! Lehigh Valley. We encourage you to register your team/league and look forward to your participation.