IronPigs Charities and GameOn! Lehigh Valley offer Youth Athletic Facility Improvement Grants that provide funding to help build, renovate and improve athletic facilities, related amenities and/or significant equipment for any youth sport organization in the Lehigh Valley region.
In 2019, eight grants have been awarded totaling $32,000. Over the four years that the Game On! initiative has existed from IronPigs Charities, twenty two projects have been funded for a total investment of $126,824. Government entities, youth or community athletic nonprofits are all eligible.
Maintenance of the facility following the renovation is the sole responsibility of the municipality or organization that owns, manages and utilizes the facility.
- Any facility intended exclusively or primarily for professional or “semi-pro” sports use
- Signs or displays promoting tobacco products or alcoholic beverages
- Any work done on a facility not eligible for a Youth Athletic Facility Improvement Grant
- Organizational operating expenses or administrative costs including staff salaries
- Routine maintenance such as lawn mowing
- Utility payments such as monthly water or electric bills
Please answer the application questions in the order that they appear below. In addition to the application, please submit any letters of recommendation, photographs, plans, budget projections and/or estimates of the facility you are planning to renovate.
Grant Deadline: Closed
Grant Applications will open January 10, 2020.