Established in October, 2007, before the IronPigs ever played a game, IronPigs Charities is the philanthropic arm of the Lehigh Valley IronPigs. Through community grants, creative programs and special fundraisers, IPC supports educational and recreational opportunities for Lehigh Valley youth. We focus on enhancing the lives of disadvantaged children and young adults and those with disabilities.
The Charity is supported through the strong fan base of Lehigh Valley IronPigs in-game fundraising activities such as the 50/50 Raffle, IronPiggy Bank and Community Clubhouse Merchandise sale. Funds are also raised through contributions from companies, organizations and individuals as well as special event sponsorship and ticket sales for events including The Phillies Winter Banquet, Hackers & Homers Golf Tournament and Meet the Team Dinner. IronPigs Charities is a 501c3 non-profit organization and the cornerstone of Lehigh Valley IronPigs commitment to the Lehigh Valley community.
IronPigs Charities is presented by The Air Products Foundation. Thank you to The Air Products Foundation for their continuous support of IronPigs Charities and the Lehigh Valley community.
IronPigs Charities is governed by a Board of Directors that meets four times each year. (March, June, September and December).
Our Board of Directors
About Game On! Lehigh Valley
Our vision is to become greater Lehigh Valley’s leading youth sports educator, connector, and advocate.
Game On! Lehigh Valley is the signature initiative of IronPigs Charities. The GameOn! mission is to support and promote youth athletic programs of all sports.
- a youth sports experience should be fun, safe and healthy for all children and expand a child’s physical, social and mental development.
- participation in athletics develops important character traits and lifelong values. When the adults involved have proper training, information and resources, the lives of young people can be positively impacted.
GameOn! Lehigh Valley Framework
Communication – TeamSnap App
- Youth leagues and teams of all sports can improve communication for coaches, volunteers, parents, guardians and players by using the TeamSnap App. Special pricing for registered GameOn! teams is just $34 rather than $99.99. Register your team today and you’ll receive an invitation to purchase the app at the discounted price!
Education and Training – Coaches Seminars, Online Learning, and Lehigh Valley Youth Sports Alliance
- Coaches Seminars will be conducted with local specialists and presenters to provide information on issues of concern to coaches including Teaching Good Sportsmanship, A Solid Code of Conduct, Nutrition and Hydration, Injury Prevention, Working with Parents and more presented by local youth sports leaders, sports medicine professionals, IronPigs staff and vendors.
- OnLine sessions from the National Federation of State High School Associations can be accessed from the GameOn! website.
- Coming soon – You can also join the Lehigh Valley Youth Sports Alliance for $10 which is half off a coaches membership to the National Alliance of Youth Sports, participate in a free training session hosted at Coca Cola Park that will lead to NAYS Coach Certification, and receive a 50% discount on the fee to become a Certified Youth Sports Administrator (CYSA) – a savings of $197.50 . As a NAYS member you will also receive a $1,000,000 Excess Liability Insurance Policy, Youth Sports Journal, Member E-Newsletter, Supplemental Training Courses, access to the Coaches Resource Library, exclusive corporate discount program,an online personalized member area and more!
Youth Athletic Facility Improvement Grants
- IronPigs Charities sponsors an annual Youth Athletic Facility Improvement Grant program for registered leagues and teams to make improvements that will directly and positively impact youth sports players ob their field of play.
There’s alot going on in GameOn! Lehigh Valley! Don’t hesitate to call 610-841-1213 with any questions regarding GameOn! Lehigh Valley. We encourage you to register your team/league and look forward to your participation.